⚠️ Attention Windows Users – Before attempting to update to Pro Tools 2022.9, please make sure your installed Avid Link is updated to version 2022.9. If you are running Avid Link 2022.7 or 2022.7.1, trying to update to Pro Tools 2022.9 will fail during the installation. ⚠️
⚠️ There is a known Apple issue loading the HD Driver that is resolved in macOS Monterey ⚠️
Please see Avid HD Driver Installation on macOS for more information
- macOS Monterey (12.5.1), Big Sur (11.6), Catalina (10.15.7), macOS Mojave (10.14.6)
With the qualification of Monterey 12.3 we will no longer be testing macOS Mojave, however it is expected to work at this time.
Pro Tools Big Sur/Monterey Notes:
- Our testing has shown that certain configurations may result in a higher incidence of playback errors. This is particularly prevalent with older MacBook Pros.
- Always check to see if any installed third-party plugins or other programs are officially supported beforeupdating to a new Operating System.
- Please see the Carbon section of the Pro Tools ReadMe for known Big Sur issues
- Please review the Big Sur/Monterey Compatibility KB and the Pro Tools System Requirements KB for additional information
Pro Tools Apple Silicon M1 Notes:
- Video Hardware is now supported on M1 Macs with Qualified drivers
- Windows 11 64-bit build 21H2* & 10 64-bit build 21H2
Windows Updates must uninstall previous versions before proceeding. More information HERE
- With Avid qualified computers