⚠️ Attention Windows Users – 10/27/2022 – there is an issue impacting project upload in Pro Tools 2022.9 and 2022.10 on Windows:
We have identified an issue starting in Pro Tools 2022.9 where projects are not getting uploaded after saving. In order to prevent data loss, it is important that you do not clear your local cache as you will lose any saved data. To continue working with your projects, you can install Pro Tools 2022.7 and update CloudClientServices 22.10 in MyAvid and Avid Link. We will be addressing this issue in the next Pro Tools release. Windows users of Pro Tools 2022.10 are still able to participate in collaborations, as this issue only impacts full project upload. (CPIB-525) ⚠️
⚠️ There is a known Apple issue loading the HD Driver that is resolved in macOS Monterey ⚠️
Please see Avid HD Driver Installation on macOS for more information
- macOS Monterey (12.5.1), Big Sur (11.6), Catalina (10.15.7), macOS Mojave (10.14.6)
With the qualification of Monterey 12.3 we will no longer be testing macOS Mojave, however it is expected to work at this time.
Pro Tools Big Sur/Monterey Notes:
- Our testing has shown that certain configurations may result in a higher incidence of playback errors. This is particularly prevalent with older MacBook Pros.
- Always check to see if any installed third-party plugins or other programs are officially supported beforeupdating to a new Operating System.
- Please see the Carbon section of the Pro Tools ReadMe for known Big Sur issues
- Please review the Big Sur/Monterey Compatibility KB and the Pro Tools System Requirements KB for additional information
Pro Tools Apple Silicon M1 Notes:
- Video Hardware is now supported on M1 Macs with Qualified drivers
- Windows 11 64-bit build 21H2* & 10 64-bit build 21H2
Windows Updates must uninstall previous versions before proceeding. More information HERE
- With Avid qualified computers